If you missed the news last week, Beyond the Box Score has launched a new podcast called The Shift, and this morning we bring you the show's first official episode. Neil Weinberg joined Bryan Grosnick and I to chat about some of the more interesting trade rumors floating around the internet right now. Then, the three of us all took a crack at making up our own fake trades, and we finished by talking a little bit about the importance of FIP, and how it can help you in evaluating pitchers. And as you'll see below, we're now on iTunes, so be sure to subscribe and never miss a new episode!
On this show we discussed:
- The Jose Bautista for Dominic Brown rumor
- David Freese's current market value
- The Orioles' chances to contend in 2014
- Fielding independent pitching theory and DIPS theory
If you want to (and we hope that you do) contact the podcast, you can do so by emailing us at email@example.com or by clicking HERE.
You can also follow the podcast on twitter: Follow @shiftpodcast
Thank you to State Park for supplying the music used in this episode. You can check more of their music on bandcamp.
More from Beyond the Box Score:
- The importance of signing Nick Punto
- Jonny Venters and "Oregon Trail" baseball players
- Mike Trout named Beyond The Box Score 2013 American League Most Valuable Player
- Andrew McCutchen named Beyond The Box Score 2013 National League Most Valuable Player
- The Shift Podcast Pilot Episode: New is always better