Hey Beyond the Box Score readers, SB Nation is looking for a new site manager here at BtBS.
This person will be responsible for managing the daily operations of a large website with a loyal following of readers, and ideally is a critical thinker who is interested in analyzing baseball on a deeper level.
The perfect candidate can express her or his thoughts about teams across the league and the sport in a consistently engaging way. Hopefully you’re as big of a nerd about the internet, social media, and sports journalism as you are about sabermetrics. You should have experience managing people, the ability to delegate, and an insatiable desire to discover and produce work that baseball fans love.
This is a contractor position that pays a monthly stipend. Some daytime availability is preferred.
- Write, edit and ensure regular publication of quality analytical writing.
- Manage a diverse team of writers.
- Operate the Beyond the Box Score Facebook page, Twitter account and other social media channels.
- Communicate regularly with SB Nation management about site goals, traffic analysis, and progress.
- Shape the editorial direction of Beyond the Box Score.
- Respect the tone, work, personalities and community that have made Beyond the Box Score the best analytical baseball blog on the Internet.
- Obsessive knowledge of and passion for analytics, MLB, and baseball.
- You’re a great writer, communicator and manager.
- You’re experienced with web publishing tools (or you’re a quick learner).
- You take pride in what you do.
tl;dr: if you’re a passionate baseball fan who wants to help us continue to grow Beyond the Box Score into the destination for all baseball fans on the internet, we want to hear from you.
If you think you’re a good fit, fill out the application linked here.
Vox Media is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a safe, inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. Everyone is encouraged to apply, including women, LGBTQ people, people of color, and people with disabilities.