Previously on Beyond the Box Score
- When will the year of the pitcher end? by Stephen Loftus - Beyond the Box Score
In case you hadn't noticed, Stephen points out that the "year" of the pitcher has been happening for some time now. Is there any end in sight?
- MLB Trade Rumor Analysis: Asdrubal Cabrera by Charlie Adams - Beyond the Box Score
Fresh off the DL, Cleveland's shortstop may be on the move soon. Charlie breaks down the market and the return the Indians should expect.
Around the Sabersphere
- The Most Obvious Trade That Needs To Happen by Dave Cameron - FanGraphs
The A's need a second baseman, the Phillies have a second baseman that they should trade. Sometimes baseball is too simple.
- Prospects Will Break Your Hearts: Gettin' Down With The Futures Game Rosters by Jason Parks - Baseball Prospectus
With the Futures Game rosters announced, Professor Parks gives us his take on the players participating.
- The Historically Dreadful Pittsburgh Pirates by Jeff Sullivan - FanGraphs
The Pirates pitching staff is having a ton of success on the mound this season, but at the plate - not so much. Jeff looks at just how bad their pitchers' hitting has been so far in 2013.
- A Different Way Of Measuring Clutch by Matt Hunter - The Hardball Times
Great stuff by Matt on looking for clutch performers using some of his favorite metrics.
Around SB Nation
- Cuban Outfielder Dariel Alvarez Ready To Sign by Spencer Schneier - SB Nation Baseball
After officially becoming a free agent, Dariel Alvarez is looking to sign and soon. Considering the recent success of Yoenis Cespedes and Yasiel Puig, expect him to get a large payday.
- 2013 Prospect Rankings: The Midseason Top-100 by Andrew Ball - Fake Teams
Normally, I don't go the shameless self promotion route, but if you play fantasy baseball you may want to check out our updated prospect rankings. And by all means disagree with me in the comments, that's the real value of lists like this - to generate discussion.
- Is the neighborhood play gone for good by lar - Baseball Nation
lar watched every double play turned last week to determine if the "neighborhood" play is still being used. His findings are quite interesting - now we just need to watch a few more weeks of DP's to confirm the results.
Outside the Sabersphere
- In a move that would make Jeff Loria proud, the Brooklyn Nets acquired most of the Boston Celtics.
- Ohh, and the NBA draft took place.