- Jim Baker has a fun piece on one-game players. I'm always happy to relive Chris Saenz's one-day career of Cardinal domination. (Sorry, Ryan.)
- My Hardball Times column today is on Scott Schoeneweis. Specifically: is he any good? I'm afraid not.
- I said yesterday that Dan Szymborski had finished up his team-by-team ZiPS projections...I forgot about the Blue Jays and the Nationals. Luckily Dan didn't. As I discovered last month, the Nats offense actually looks pretty good.
- Dan Fox does some more detailed analysis on platoon advantages following pitching changes.
- Jay Jaffe takes a look at the difference between BBWAA and Veteran Committee selections for the Hall of Fame. That, combined with the continuing enshrinement of George Kelly, makes you think the VC was a shaky idea from the start.