A few interesting things to check out today:
- The Good Phight ranks all team fielding positions by offensive production. Not surprisingly, StL and Phi first basemen are at the top.
- Tango looks at HOF voting history and tries to determine whether Jim Rice will ever make it.
- Ken Rosenthal tries to defend people who are stupid, i.e., HOF voters who submit bizarre ballots. He does say that such people ought to explain their ballots, which would be a good start for the three guys who voted for Dante Bichette.
- More HOF: Jay Jaffe lists the best relievers by "reliever-adjusted" JAWS. Mariano Rivera is creeping up to the top.
- Still more HOF: at The Hardball Times, I look at the case for Steve Garvey.