JUPITER FL - FEBRUARY 23: Omar Infante #13 of the Florida Marlins during Photo Day at Roger Dean Stadium on February 23 2011 in Jupiter Florida. (Photo by Mike Ehrmann/Getty Images)
With plenty of games on schedule to watch today, let's take a look at what happened at BtB over the past week. Make sure to check out BtB's top 100 prospects tomorow.
- Adam Darowski took a look at the career of Duke Snider
- With many skeptics about sabermetrics, Adam also discussed the history of WAR and how it's used as well as the difference between fWAR and rWAR
- Dave Gershman took a look at the rough past several years of Andruw Jones
- Chris Spurlock created a design displaying his and everyone else's excitement that the baseball season is finally here!
- Satchel listed his top 15 prospects for the Dodgers, Padres, and Giants. Later in the day, he released his top 15's for the White Sox, Indians, and Tigers
- Following that, JD Sussman talked about the Hit Tool. Labeling it as a "statistical head scratcher."
- Satchel wrote up some more top 15 rankings. This time, the Orioles, Twins, and Red Sox prospects
- Bill Petti discussed Matt Weiters and some ways for him to improve in 2011. The former 5th overall pick looks to live up to the potential, finally.
- In his Benefit of the Doubt series, J-Doug used another visual to show pitchers expanding the zone.
- Dave Gershman made a case for a potential Hall of Fame Career of Carlos Beltran.
- Matt Klaassen displayed another one of his great datadumps.
- The first post on hump day was by the great Mike Rogers. He compared Babe Ruth and Albert Pujols.
- Podcast #7 was released. Jason Parks, Jeff Sullivan, and Patrick Newman were kind enough to join us.
- Need something cool to look at? Justin previewed his sabercards, using Big Papi.
- After you take a look at that, take a look at Satchel's top 15 rankings on the A's, Mariners, and Rangers.
- Lastly on Wednesday, Justin created a statistic pronunciation guide. This is cool, check it out.
- Dave Gershman listed the top 30 single seasons of all-time using Adjusted Pitcher Runs.
- Want to take a look at how the BBCOR regulations will affect the college game as we know it? Chris Spurlock made this awesome visual.
- Satchel and Dave listed their top 15 prospects for the Jays, Braves, and Yankees.
- Dave also created a wWAR Graph comparing Adrian Beltre to Derek Jeter.
- Bill Petti took a look at Carlos Beltran's future place in history.
- Satchel and Dave listed their top 15 Rays prospects and their top 20 Royals prospects. Yeah, that Royals system is sort of good. It's not the worst system in baseball, for sure.
- Dave discussed some weekly storylines.
- Need a sneak peek at some more sabercards? Justin is your man.
- Dave talked to Arizona Diamondbacks beat writer, Nick Piecoro. The interview is in audio format. Have a listen.