Today's Links to satiate your saber-slanted hunger:
- Verduccci loves Jack Cust almost as much as we do, and says he and several others lead the secondary market this off-season.
This may come as a surprise, given his lack of security with Oakland, but Cust ranks among the best hitters in the AL over the past four seasons: first in walks (377), fifth in OBP (.381) and ninth in adjusted OPS (125) -- all while playing in a park that depresses offense.
- Kurt Menshing at Bless You Boys takes on ZiPS vs. the 2010 Tigers
- Erik Hahmann at DRaysBay asks, "Manny Ramirez: A Possible Tampa Bay Ray?"
- Derek Ambrosino goes Bargain shopping in the AL.
- Rob Neyer sums up the situation in Florida quite well:
So, let's see ... The Marlins have now, in the space of about 72 hours, traded their starting center fielder and their starting second baseman for three relief pitchers and a utility infielder? And locked down John Buck for three years?
If nothing else, you've got to give them credit for dynamism. I just can't figure out who's going to play center field next spring. And without a center fielder, you give up way too many triples.
Off Topic after the jump
- Amazing piece today over at The Atlantic: The Tragedy of the Talk Show Host
Want your link posted in the next edition? [LIKE] us on facebook and comment with the link to your story when asked! We'll post the best.